Saturday, February 2, 2008

Candlemas

Today is the day to bless the candles as we move from darkness into light. 40 days ago the Christ Child was born. What can a groundhog tell us about our future? It's all connected: the weather, the animals, the faith and the candles. He will be a light in our darkness, a certain hope, and all creation will behold his glory. Raise your candles high in the darkness and sing a song of hope. Spring is coming (is it up ahead, around a corner, or following on the wind?). The darkness will flee away and there will be new life.

2 comments:

OzWeaver said...

Beautiful thoughts. I think it's all connected too. I'll look forward to reading more!

Brenda

OzWeaver said...

Pastor Jenn,

It's me again, checking in to see if you have a new post....

...and since you don't!..You have just been tagged by the Power of 7!
Having just been tagged myself, I can assure you it's not so bad! To find out the rules, go to my blog:
www.argoknot.blogspot.com

I'm looking forward to learning a bit more about you!

Brenda