Monday, October 27, 2008

25 Year High School Reunion: Hadn't planned on going, but then learned my dear friend Jill was coming up from Georgia. Since I haven't seen Jill and her husband Randy in 10 years (!) I knew this was an opportunity I couldn't miss. Dragged my faithful hubby along and actually had a really good time. Realized that I have only one regret from High School years: that I didn't get to know more people better. Yes, there were definitely some unkind people from those years, and most of them are still shallow and mean. But there were a lot more people who are really deserving of attention; people with stories and hopes and dreams and fears. I cherish Jill and John and Howard and James and Roxana: the friends who saw me through to the end. But how I wish I'd been able to connect better with Dave A. and Dave K., Bridget, Kerri, Stephanie, Wendy, Joe and Scott and all the great kids from Choir, Band and the musical. What a gift we are given, and what a privilege it is to be in relationship with others.

No comments: